Analyst – Master Data Management
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the IT Methods Officer will work in collaboration with the Research and Development, Engineering, Finance, Production and Procurement teams. He/she will be responsible for updating and maintaining existing and future product lists in the company’s various computer systems (ERP, Product Configurator). As an expert in the integration of manufacturing methods at the computer level, he will also be responsible for ensuring that manufacturing methods are kept up to date and will participate in their improvement.
Joining the Norbec team will allow you to evolve in a stimulating environment where collaboration, initiative and teamwork are integral to the company’s success.
RESPONSIBILITIES RELATED TO THE POSITION
- Participate in the implementation of the Epicor ERP (production component);
- Create and maintain bill of materials and manufacturing methods (MOM) in the ERP for existing and new products;
- Integrate business rules into the product configurator;
- Maintain and optimize the BOM architecture;
- Correct MOM errors raised by other departments;
- Participate in the establishment of standard factory times and update data;
- Ensure that the content of the reference configurations is consistent with the expected configuration information and that the reference data is consistent with each other;
- Create and maintain departmental work procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to perform data analysis;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Understanding of an integrated production management system;
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel;
- Interest in acting as a coach/trainer;
- Strong interest in continuing education.
- D.E.C. in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering;
- 3 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing industry;
- Experience in inventory management (asset);
- Microsoft Office (advanced);
- Knowledge of SQL (asset);
- Inventor, 3D cad drawing (asset);
- Knowledge of Epicor (asset).