Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing the estimating team. The manager will have to show leadership in order to help team members grow and perform better. He/she will have to implement key indicators to measure the department’s performance. He/she will rely on the team coordinator to collaborate effectively with other internal departments (sales force, R&R, etc.) to facilitate the flow of projects throughout the company. Finally, the manager will be responsible for equipping the team and participating in various meetings with other departments to facilitate coordination and the exchange of information, so as to submit bids detailing customer requirements with the most accurate prices, while respecting the deadline.
- Ability to act as a facilitator between several departments to ensure an excellent level of service and short turnaround times for tender requests;
- Contribute to the preparation of bids for complex projects or projects exceeding 750k$ before dispatch to customers;
- Ensure the development and maintenance of procedures within his team, with the support of his team leader and the estimating coordinator;
- Direct and improve the efficiency of the progress of estimating activities while ensuring rigorous follow-up;
- Support his/her team and ensure that estimating requests are delivered in a timely manner;
- Develop and maintain a system with level 1 and advanced indicators (KPIs);
- Ensure the productivity of the estimating team towards the achievement of the group’s results by supervising and directing the activities of his sector in an optimal way so that the set deadlines are met;
- Work closely with customer representatives or sales agents, as required, to maintain an outstanding customer experience;
- Act as a change agent by identifying various improvement opportunities and providing ongoing coaching to his/her team;
- Actively participate in various continuous improvement projects within the company;
- Mobilize, coach and grow the team by setting clear objectives, evaluating performance, and developing development plans;
- Work closely with the Human Resources department in the recruitment and selection process for vacancies within the estimating team.
Required training and experience
- University degree in a technical field (mechanical engineering, industrial drafting, architecture or other related field) or a combination of training and experience deemed equivalent;
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar or related position;
Key skills required
- Be an effective team player in personnel management (Team first).
- Ability to represent the team and communicate its needs.
- Ability to identify and develop each team member’s strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate technical concepts;
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritize several projects at the same time;
- Dynamic and positive.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Good stress tolerance (workload and tight deadlines).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Goal-oriented and customer-oriented.
- Most importantly – a passion for construction projects and a sense of accomplishment!
- Advanced computer and reporting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the Office suite.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems.
- Effective personnel management and team player (team first).
- Experience in commercial/industrial construction.
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and blueprint reading.
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
- Flexible hours and telecommuting based on your needs and your team’s mandates.
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Social activities organized throughout the year for employees, such as family days, Christmas parties, summer BBQs, sports activities and holiday-themed events;
- Weeks of paid vacation plus extra time off during the holiday season;
- Offices located on Montreal’s South Shore, easily accessible to all thanks to free parking and nearby public transit;
- The chance to be close to a lively area with many boutiques and trendy restaurants, perfect for an innovation dinner or friendly 5@7;
- Access to annual training programs;
- The opportunity to enrich your career by joining a team of experts where participative management is a priority;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable, in-demand products by contributing to the development of a fast-growing brand that is involved in the community;