Norbec is a leading North American manufacturer of prefabricated cold rooms, doors, as well as architectural building envelope panels.
Our mission is to contribute to the creation of a sustainable world through the manufacture of high performance insulation solutions.
In terms of vision, Norbec is committed to achieving sustainable growth by being a trusted partner and providing innovative solutions focused on our customers’ needs. These goals will be achieved through motivated employees and an unwavering desire to continually improve everything we do.
Our values? Customer experience, respect, collaboration, commitment and innovation.
Under the supervision of the Team Leader – Estimating, the Estimator is the initial point of contact for the customer. He/she receives, analyzes, processes and forwards the various requests for quotations. Moreover, he/she must work in close collaboration with customers, representatives, sales agents and various suppliers in order to ensure the satisfaction of our customers.
- Receive and process requests for quotes from customers, representatives or sales agents;
- Identify and define customer needs through the analysis of plans, specifications, sketches or other documents;
- In the event of a lack of information, the estimator must follow up with the customers, representatives or sales agents;
- For certain accessories or services, not available or not offered by the company, the estimator will have to request prices from various approved suppliers;
- Ensure effective communication with customers, representatives or sales agents, in order to inform them of the various imponderables that may affect the respect of the deadline;
- In order to facilitate the execution and the communication between the various actors of the organization and thus to allow an effective production, the estimator will have to gather and append all the information necessary to the completion of a tender, in the work files, and this, in the respect of the implemented procedures;
- Send final bids to clients in a timely manner or to meet deadlines;
- Assist the manager in researching and improving processes aligned with the strategic needs of the organization, thereby improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the department;
- The candidate will be expected to show initiative and may be required to participate in various committees and/or activities aligned with the strategic needs of the organization;
- Perform all administrative tasks related to this position;
- Other duties may be added depending on the candidate’s abilities and the needs of the organization;
- Strong communication skills and sense of professional ethics;
- Goal oriented and customer focused;
- Good analytical skills;
- Curiosity, versatility, dynamism, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Ability to learn and adapt;
- Ability to integrate technical concepts;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Organizational skills, excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Self-starter and initiative;
- Have a college degree in a relevant field;
- Experience of one year or more in a similar position;
- Bilingualism essential, French and English, oral and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to read plans and specifications;
- Experience in the commercial construction field;
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems;
- Knowledge of e-Plans or other software required for measuring;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Knowledge of Epicor integrated management software;
- Knowledge of SharePoint;
What the company offers:
- The opportunity to enrich your career by joining a fast-growing company, a team where participative management is prioritized;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of a company with durable products in demand throughout Quebec, Canada and the United States;
- The possibility of advancement within the company every 2-3 years if you wish;
- A hybrid work environment, some days at home and some days at our offices;
- An RRSP with employer contribution;
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care and more;
- Social activities;
- Vacations and some time off during the holiday season;
- Access to training and development programs;
In this context of growth, the opportunities are there and we need you!