Estimator – Food Service
Do you have a stake in the success of your favourite fast food restaurant such as McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Tim Hortons or A&W? Or perhaps you prefer to enjoy fine dining in good company at Zibo’s, Le Keg, or St-Hubert’s? Are you an efficient, detail-oriented person who gets things done? Are you able to provide impeccable customer service and demonstrate professionalism and organization in your daily work? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The team and collaboration
Reporting to the Team Leader, the candidate will be trained to receive and analyze customer requests to estimate the selling price of new turnkey cold room projects to be installed in their supermarkets. Typical requests are in the form of requests for proposals, based on architectural plans or even simple sketches or emails.
Perform your duties at the location of your choice, we respect that!
This position is based at our head office in Boucherville, but daily duties can be performed either in our newly renovated offices in Boucherville, our offices in St-Hyacinthe or in the comfort of your own home. We offer flexible work schedules and the option to work remotely.
Key responsibilities to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Receive requests from customers, representatives or sales agents;
- Analyze customer needs based on plans, estimates, sketches or specifications received;
- Use the Norbec configurator to prepare quotes;
- Contact and work with multiple approved suppliers for accessories not manufactured by Norbec, but required for a given project;
- Prepare and send final bids to customers in a timely manner.
Education and experience required to be successful in this role
- Have a DEC or DEP, ideally in estimating, building construction, industrial refrigeration, architecture or other related field;
- Experience in estimating, costing or other relevant experience.
Customer experience is in our DNA. Innovation is in our values!
Norbec is a Quebec-based company and a North American leader in the manufacture of prefabricated cold rooms and architectural panels for the building envelope. For more than 35 years, we have been the preferred supplier of renowned partners such as Walmart, Metro, IGA/Sobeys, Provigo/Loblaws, Tim Hortons, A&W and McDonald’s. Thanks to our innovative strength and the close collaboration of more than 250 dedicated employees, we succeed in maintaining our position as an industry leader in Quebec and Canada.
What the company offers:
- The possibility of enriching your career by joining a fast-growing company and a team where participative management is a priority;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of a company with durable products in demand throughout Quebec, Canada and the United States;
- The possibility of advancement within the company every 2-3 years if you wish!
- A hybrid work environment (on-site in Boucherville, or in Ste-Hyacinthe or telecommuting);
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care and more;
- Access to training and development programs.
In this context of company growth, the opportunities are there, and we need you!
- Bilingual (French and English) oral and written
- Intermediate knowledge of the Office suite
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and blueprint reading (an asset)
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate technical concepts
- Ability to work with deadlines and prioritize multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in commercial construction (an asset)
- Basic knowledge of refrigeration systems (an asset)
- Friendly work environment
- Telecommuting possible
- Group RRSP with employer participation
- An advantageous group insurance program
- You will be invited to participate in our many social activities organized throughout the year (Christmas party, BBQ, family days, 5@7, etc.)