SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration, engagement, and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied every day by competent, motivated people and have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of walk-in cooler and Freezer solutions.
This job offer is a new position within the company. Norbec’s business in the USA has grown at a point where we now need onsite support during the building of our walk-in coolers and freezers. This position is an opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment with a company in constant growth.
Reporting directly to the Customer Service Manager, the Installation Coordinator will be responsible for following active projects in the United States. All projects require a certain level of site coordination. He/She will work collaboratively with Norbec’s project management and customer service teams as well as the Regional Sales Manager in assuring the best client experience from project kick-off meeting to the site coordination to the final customer acceptance after the installation has been completed.
This role requires consistent travel within the territory with possible overnight stays.
- Coordinate and/or attend kick-off meetings for new projects.
- Possible field surveys prior to production,
- Ensure proper scheduling of production with GC and with Norbec’s internal project management team.
- Ensure that installation company have been scheduled and ready for site installation in coordination with product delivery.
- Travel to customer locations at the beginning of most projects to coordinate with installers and customer’s project managers.
- Report back internally and to the customer with regular site calls or follow-up visits with field reports to document progress of given projects.
- Ensure the proper installation methods are applied by the installation team and are within Norbec’s QA/QC program.
- Conduct site inspections and gain customer sign off at the end of every project to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with installers, customer’s project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Interface between the job site, the Norbec project management team, and other departments.
- Develop an expertise in evaluating required renovation, fixes required on-site and provide recommendations.
- Expand our sub-contractor network by identifying, qualifying, training, and certifying new refrigeration contactors and installation partners across the USA.
- Establish installation offering and costs across the USA to ensure Norbec’s competitiveness.
- Resolve everyday site issues.
- Report activities via a reporting tool (Daily Report).
- College Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 yrs. experience with a manufacturer of cold storage, refrigerated or food service equipment solutions.
- 3-5 yrs of construction knowledge would be an asset.
- Technical background is preferred.
- Knowledge in reading construction plans
- Follow-up on projects
- Valid driver’s license
- Self-governing / Self-motivator / Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator (not a chatterbox), Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Teamwork with colleagues
- Reporting skills
- Computer literate, (Microsoft Office, web-based applications, reporting tools, etc.)
- Prior experience within the Foodservice or Grocery industry with good knowledge in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of walk-in cooler and freezer products is an asset.
- Results-oriented, Self-starter
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, customer driven and professional.
- Structured and motivated
- Proven client-service skills
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- The success of this position will rely on self-driven initiative, navigating ambiguity, and an independent personality.
- Candidates must embody customer centric communication in person, virtual and verbal.
- Tracking projects status will be key to this role.
Norbec is a North American leader in manufacturing both prefabricated walk-in coolers and doors as well as architectural insulated metal panels for building envelopes. Norbec prides itself on being a trusted partner in any type of project for a vast selection of markets, including supermarkets, food service, building envelopes, food processing plants, grocery stores, clean rooms and many more. Founded in 1982, Norbec has earned a solid reputation as a leader and continuously innovates to bring its customers the best products and service.
For more information about our products, projects, and teams, visit norbec.com.