Logistics and Transportation Clerk
Norbec is actively seeking to expand its team. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with a customer-focused attitude! The winning combination of team spirit and a desire for career-driven growth will ensure a rewarding experience in our fabulous distribution center!
- Prepare the necessary documents for the transportation of orders;
- Organize daily transportation appointments;
- Ensure collaboration and communication with the project team and customers to provide visibility on the status of shipments;
- Provide administrative support to the transportation coordinator
- Verify and manage delivery and work orders;
- File various documents according to established procedures;
- Follow-up on shipments with carriers (status of shipments, proof of delivery).
- Follow-up and update shipments with customers (status of shipments) by phone and email.
- Open, update and close files in EPICOR.
- Issue documents, notices and instructions to carriers on repeat accounts.
- Set up the logistics to efficiently execute the necessary and required operations on file (e.g. rate request to our carriers for delivery of orders to a destination, plan to have the cargo picked up in closed trailer, FlatBed, drop deck or other, contact the consignee and do our customer follow-ups).
- All other related tasks.
Technical requirements and skills sought:
- Mastery of the Office suite
- Excellent knowledge of transportation
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas in a clear, concise and logical manner
- French (perfect level) and English (advanced level)
- Team player, self-starter and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment