Join the Norbec team as we begin our manufacturing journey in Ontario. We are excited to offer a ground floor opportunity to be a maintenance team member in something new and ambitious: our 150,000ft2 facility currently under construction in Strathroy, positioned very strategically for our company’s growth.
Why Norbec? We are a Canadian-owned company that is a North American market leader which specializes in manufacturing prefabricated walk-in coolers & freezers, doors, and architectural insulated metal panels. Our products are revolutionizing construction, offering cost-effective and time-saving alternatives to traditional methods while improving energy efficiency and structural integrity.
Location Benefits: For those commuting from London, you’ll often find our facility quicker to reach than navigating the city!
Our Vision: Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada. Our unwavering commitment to sustainability, quality, and innovation is at our core.
Whether it’s our colleagues, associates, suppliers, or our invaluable employees, it’s not just about maintaining and improving machinery and our processes; it’s about upholding the promise of quality and innovation that defines us. With your dedication and expertise, we aim to redefine industry standards, offer innovative solutions to our customers, and solidify our position as trusted partners in this growing market.
Ready to be part of our dynamic maintenance team? Apply now and pave the way for a sustainable future with Norbec!
Reporting to the Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Technician is a member of the team who is responsible for the maintenance and efficiency of all the production equipment and buildings. Our facility, processes and equipment are all new, custom built and highly automated. This will bring many unique challenges and opportunities to the role!
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine checks and maintenance of all production equipment (electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic) ensuring optimal functionality. Respond promptly to line stoppages and address concerns efficiently.
- Troubleshooting: Utilize knowledge and experience to troubleshoot equipment issues is a safe and effective manner. Apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot complex problems to minimize downtime.
- Preventative Maintenance: Develop and implement a preventive maintenance schedule with the team for all equipment to regularly inspect and replace parts as necessary to prevent breakdowns. Your knowledge and experience will be key in these programs.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure all maintenance activities comply with safety regulations and company policies. Promote a culture of Health and Safety in the workplace. Conduct safety checks on equipment and participate in safety training sessions to remain updated on best practices.
- Continuous Improvement: Support production line as required to implement and develop continuous improvement activities to ensure that Norbec remains a world-class organization for efficiency and product quality.
- Communicate: Openly communicate and train team members and supervisors to build and foster the capability of the team. Use CMMS systems to document work done and lessons learned for future reference.
- Plan: Participate in the detailed planning and preparation for plant and equipment shutdowns.
- Participate: Contribute and work along side the equipment makers and installation crews on the equipment installation, start up and plant launch activities. Work with the Maintenance and Engineering group to investigate and implement long term solutions to equipment failures.
- Support: Ensure the ongoing sustainably of the facility and maintenance group through the rebuilding of items and monitoring of spare part inventory.
- Direct: Work alongside and problem solve with subcontractors, providing direction where required.
Required training and experience
- Diploma in automated systems electromechanics, maintenance technician or other related education.
- 5 or more years’ hands on experience in an automated manufacturing environment.
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright 433A or equivalent is considered an asset but is not required.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and troubleshooting of electromechanical systems.
Key skills required
- A new facility will require flexibility from its initial launch team with regards to work hours, job role and some travel for training. While this role will start with straight days as installation and start up activities are undertaken, it will transition to rotating 12-hour shifts when production readiness is achieved.
- Be autonomous, work safely under pressure, resourceful, rigorous, detail-oriented and patient. A new facility will come with many challenges, but also the ability to influence and shape the organization. You will get to see the first equipment be assembled, a team be hired and trained, and the have a direct hand in the ability of the team to make its first shipment of approved IMP panels!
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and team spirit. Culture, communication and teamwork are extremely important at Norbec!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $36.00-$42.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: Strathroy, ON N7G 3H8