Manager, Plant Maintenance and Engineering
For forty (40) years, Norbec Group has built a solid reputation as a North American leader in the manufacture of prefabricated cold rooms and architectural panels.
Norbec is looking for candidates to fill the position of Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager for its St-Hyacinthe plant.
The plant specializes in the manufacture of insulating and architectural panels for the building envelope. Norbec Architectural products are used in the construction of many industrial, commercial and public buildings in Quebec, Canada and the United States.
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Plant Maintenance and Engineering Manager is responsible for the maintenance of the production line and building, as well as managing the reliability of production equipment. In collaboration with other departments, he/she must demonstrate leadership and expertise in order to optimize the efficiency and performance of our maintenance and operation processes/methods.
- Ensure the application of health and safety rules and processes, as well as the implementation of the machine safety plan;
- Manage the maintenance team;
- Responsible for the plant’s preventive and predictive maintenance program;
- Develop and ensure the follow-up of :
Of the production equipment reliability program;
KPI’s related to line maintenance.
- Analyze equipment performance data and maintenance practices to recommend improvements to processes, procedures and/or systems;
- Ensure the implementation and follow-up of maintenance work procedures;
- Coordinate the management of spare and critical parts inventories, as well as the purchasing process of parts and components for maintenance;
- Follow and manage improvement projects in collaboration with the operations departments;
- Ensure the management of building maintenance and associated contracts;
Participate in the preparation of SR&ED reports.
- Management of files with insurers;
- Management of maintenance and automation contractors;
Structured, mobilizing leadership, team spirit, communication skills, autonomous.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, automated production, industrial or electrical engineering;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in manufacturing and manufacturing processes;
- Knowledge of continuous lines and programmable logic controllers;
- Experience in continuous improvement (Lean, Kaizen, 5S, etc.);
- Experience with Epicor and Interal, an asset;
- Bilingualism French/English required, both written and spoken
You are ready to take on new and exciting challenges. You want to put your experience to good use and actively contribute to the optimization of maintenance and operations. Please submit your application!
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Social activities organized throughout the year for employees such as family days, Christmas party, summer BBQ, sports activities and holiday themed events;
- Weeks of paid vacation plus extra time off during the holiday season;
- Access to annual training programs;
- The possibility of enriching your career by joining a team of experts where participative management is a priority;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable and in-demand products by contributing to the development of a fast growing brand that is involved in the community;