Process Engineering Manager
Join the Norbec team as we begin our manufacturing journey in Ontario. We are excited to offer a ground floor opportunity to be a maintenance team member in something new and ambitious: our 150,000ft2 facility currently under construction in Strathroy, positioned very strategically for our company’s growth.
Why Norbec? We are a Canadian-owned company that is a North American market leader which specializes in manufacturing prefabricated walk-in coolers & freezers, doors, and architectural insulated metal panels. Our products are revolutionizing construction, offering cost-effective and time-saving alternatives to traditional methods while improving energy efficiency and structural integrity.
Location Benefits: For those commuting from London, you’ll often find our facility quicker to reach than navigating the city!
Our Vision: Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada. Our unwavering commitment to sustainability, quality, and innovation is at our core.
Whether it’s our colleagues, associates, suppliers, or our invaluable employees, it’s not just about maintaining and improving machinery and our processes; it’s about upholding the promise of quality and innovation that defines us. With your dedication and expertise, we aim to redefine industry standards, offer innovative solutions to our customers, and solidify our position as trusted partners in this growing market.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Process Engineering Manager is responsible for providing expertise related to the understanding and optimal management of chemical processes in operations. Ensure compliance of production parameters with injection and adjustments required for chemical raw materials.
Responsible for laboratory activities, environmental management and plant quality processes.
- Understand, ensure stability and implement process control of chemical processes;
- Define chemical parameters for injection molding production;
- Monitor raw material specifications during chemical acceptance, usage and disposal and ensure compliance;
- Develop tools and simulators for optimum management of chemical components;
- Develop, deploy and update operating standards and online quality management system;
- Establish online quality operations team, manage laboratory tasks and supervise as required;
- Coordinate calibration of measuring equipment;
- Ensure follow-up of internal and external non-conformities, as well as associated action plans;
- Ensure compliance of our operations with environmental requirements and follow-up with the Ministry of the Environment and other authorities;
- Lead commissioning and certification of new products;
- Listen to employees’ opinions and suggestions;
- In collaboration with other managers, contribute to the achievement of objectives in health and safety, production, maintenance, continuous improvement, quality and industrial engineering.
Education and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering;
- 10 years’ relevant experience in chemical process management, environment and quality;
- PEO certification an asset, but not required;
- Experience in continuous improvement (Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5 S, Kanban, etc.);
- Microsoft Office Suite and Power BI.
Key skills required
- Structured, autonomous, results-oriented;
- Effective management of priorities, projects and deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills, synthesis and practical problem solving;
- Flexibility, adaptability and creativity;
- Mobilization, team spirit and communication skills;
- Leadership in change management and managerial courage;
- Customer satisfaction and quality orientation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $89,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care