Production Supervisor – Night Shift
Are you ready to take on new and exciting challenges? Would you like to put your experience to good use, while having the opportunity to increase your professional skills?
Norbec is looking for a Production Manager for the night shift at our St-Hyacinthe plant.
Under the supervision of the Plant Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for the production operations of the automated line and the associated workforce. He will have to plan the use of the automated line on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare packing and shipping sheet for productions on the panel line;
- Integrate contracts into the production sequence of the panel line in order to minimize run-outs;
- Update the master schedule and panel inventories and complete the production report for the production line;
- Ensure production personnel follow work instructions and process control forms;
- Ensure process control and validate product quality with the Quality and Process Manager;
- Manage start-ups;
- Supervise, manage and train the work team;
- Forecasting labor needs and assigning personnel to workstations;
- Integrate new employees;
- Get directly involved in operations when necessary.
Key Skills :
- Autonomy, initiative, versatility and judgment;
- Innovative spirit (alternative solutions);
- Efficiency, rigor;
- Team spirit;
- Good stress tolerance (workload and short deadlines);
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Customer orientation and commitment to quality;
- Ability to develop a relationship of trust, at all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
Professional Profile :
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing people in the manufacturing field;
- Mastery of the Office software suite;
- Fluency in French, oral and written;
- Knowledge of English;
- Good understanding of the constraints of all departments: production, sales, technical, supply, administration;
- Available outside of regular working hours.
What the company offers :
- An environment where the company’s culture and values are the basis for managing operations and lasting customer relationships;
- Join a dynamic team and contribute to the next steps of the company’s growth;
- A permanent, night shift position in a company that has been in business for 35 years and is growing;
- Work clothes;
- Fixed work schedules (no rotation);
- Advantageous vacation, vacation and group insurance plans (life, salary, medication, dental, glasses) and a group RRSP;
- An employee and family assistance program (EAP), social and family activities, etc.