Do you want to contribute to the Quebec economy by working for a company that is 100% local?
Do you want to participate in the production of a product that is in high demand and in the development of a brand that is growing rapidly?
Are you looking for a place where you can evolve in a stable, healthy and safe environment that promotes improvement in all aspects?
For 35 years and with over 250 employees, the Norbec family has been growing and is looking for people like you!
We are a North American leader in the manufacture of prefabricated cold rooms, doors and architectural panels for the building envelope. We are proud to count Tim Hortons, Boston Pizza, several supermarkets, convenience stores and many restaurants among our clients. We have also completed several prestigious projects such as the Bell Centre at Dix-30, the PEPS at Laval University in Quebec City and the Skyventure in Toronto.
The Production Worker participates in the finishing of panels by carrying out cleaning and verification work in accordance with work directives and procedures. He or she must enjoy working with measuring tools, have good physical skills and manual dexterity.
With your team, you will perform the following tasks
- Demould the panels as they come off the press;
- Clean the panels and the bases;
- Drill the holes for the hooks;
- Check the quality of the panels after demolding and before shipping;
- Perform panel finishing tasks;
Stack panels using a lifting tool
- Keep the work area clean and safe;
- Assist co-workers with other tasks as required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset;
- Comfortable with imperial measurements is an asset.
- Competitive salary with rapid progression, starting within 3 months of employment;
- Weekday schedule from Monday to Friday;
- 8 hour shifts without rotation;
- Advantageous group insurance program, including vision and dental care;
- Sick leave offered and paid if not used at the end of the year;
- Possibility of advancement within the team or to other
- positions within the plant;
- Goggles, boots, work clothes and PPE provided;
- Free parking and public transportation nearby.
Not sure if you have all the qualifications for the position?
Don’t hesitate to contact us and we will take the time to discuss all the opportunities we can offer you!