Do you have an interest in playing an important role in the success of large-scale construction projects such as Place Bell, the Google data center or R.E.M.? Or perhaps you prefer to work more with well-known partners such as Walmart, Metro, IGA/Sobeys, Provigo/Loblaws, Tim Hortons, A&W, McDonald’s, Montoni, Broccollini or Pomerleau? Are you an efficient, detail-oriented person who gets things done? Can you provide impeccable customer service and be professional and organized in your daily work? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The team and collaboration
Reporting to the team leader, the successful candidate will be trained to successfully complete our clients’ projects. The goal is to successfully manage new insulated metal panel projects for building envelope applications, food processing plants, cold storage facilities, etc.
Typical projects are the result of tenders won by Norbec and their customers.
Perform your duties at the location of your choice, we respect that!
This position is based at our head office in Boucherville, but daily duties can be performed either in our newly renovated offices in Boucherville, our offices in St-Hyacinthe or in the comfort of your own home (in hybrid mode). We offer flexible work schedules and the option to work mostly remotely.
Key responsibilities to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Take charge of a project after receiving a customer order
- Analyze the customer’s needs based on the quote, the customer order and the plans and specifications received;
- Initiate a kick-off meeting (as needed) with the customer representative, factories, purchasing and other internal stakeholders to start the project;
- Ensure communication and follow-ups with the customer from the beginning to the end of the project
- Coordinate the purchase of resale products with our suppliers or our purchasing department
- Collaborate with our planners to ensure the production of the project according to the requested schedule;
- Ensure the follow-up of the project until delivery to the site in collaboration with our shipping department.
Education and experience required to be successful in this role
- Completion of a DEC or DEP, ideally in project management, estimating, building construction, architecture or other related field;
- Minimum two years experience in a similar or related position;
- Experience in the construction field or in a manufacturing environment (asset).
Skills and knowledge required
- Bilingualism essential (French/English, oral and written);
- Intermediate knowledge of the Office suite;
- Experience in the commercial/industrial construction field (an asset);
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and blueprint reading (an asset);
- Ability to learn quickly and integrate technical concepts;
- Ability to work with deadlines and prioritize multiple projects at the same time;
- Most importantly – have a passion for construction projects and a sense of accomplishment!
Customer experience is in our DNA. Innovation is in our values!
Norbec is a Quebec-based company and a North American leader in the manufacture of prefabricated cold rooms and architectural panels for the building envelope. For more than 40 years, we have been the preferred supplier of renowned partners such as Walmart, Metro, IGA/Sobeys, Provigo/Loblaws, Tim Hortons, A&W, McDonald’s, Montoni, Broccollini, Pomerleau, etc. Thanks to our innovative strength and the close collaboration of more than 325 dedicated employees, we succeed in maintaining our position as an industry leader in Quebec and Canada.
What the company offers:
- The opportunity to enrich your career by joining a fast-growing Quebec-based company, in a team where participative management is prioritized;
- A flexible schedule and telecommuting based on your needs and the mandates of your team.
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Social activities organized throughout the year for employees such as family days, Christmas party, summer BBQ, sports activities and holiday themed events;
- Weeks of paid vacation plus extra time off during the holiday season;
- Offices located on the South Shore of Montreal, easily accessible to all with free parking and public transportation nearby;
- Access to annual training programs;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable and in-demand products by contributing to the development of a fast growing brand that is involved in the community;
In this context of company growth, the opportunities are there, and we need you!