Regional sales manager
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Collaboration, engagement, and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied every day by competent, motivated people and have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of walk-in cooler and Freezer soluitions in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager – Foodservice & Retail will be responsible for converting walk-in cooler and freezer projects into revenue for Norbec by working with our agent network, consultants, restaurant chains, restaurant groups, equipment dealers, installers, general contractors and end-users. He/She will work collaboratively within Norbec’s sales team and with the marketing and technical teams while developing business relationships with small, medium and large users and dealers of walk-in coolers and freezers within the assigned territory.
This role requires consistent travel within the territory with multiple overnight stays to ensure long sales cycles are converted into sales.
- Promote Norbec’s walk-in coolers & freezers and insulated metal panel solutions to the assigned market segments.
- Develop and maintain meaningful customer relationships that will generate revenue for the business.
- Responsible for developing chain business (Foodservice, C-Stores and Grocery) – Key Account Management
- Responsible for developing relations with Foodservice Consultants in relevant areas (FCSI members)
- Participate and/or organize product knowledge visits to architect/consultant firms to promote Norbec & have our products specified.
- Develop dealer programs with select dealers in each area.
- Manage all current agents with territory and market segments (performance objectives, support, travel, joint calls, programs, etc.,)
- Identify and on-board other agents in Foodservice, C-Stores and Grocery sectors
- Develop the service/installer network in the USA for Norbec
- Promote Norbec’s product offering to secure our position within building plans as a named specification with architects, consultants, engineers, designers, restaurant chains, specifiers and other end users.
- Address specifiers, architects, consultants, designers, engineers, and end users needs to generate business and become their go to resource where our solution is applicable.
- Reach sales objectives and maximize profitability.
- Manage project planning with inside sales & plant personnel, as needed.
- Resolve issues.
- Report activities via a reporting tool
- Participate in the development of sales plans and programs to enter and secure new customers.
- Undertake the necessary actions to surpass growth in his/her territory.
- Business or College Degree or equivalent
- 7-10 yrs. experience with a manufacturer of cold storage, refrigerated or food service equipment solutions.
- Technical background is preferred.
- Exposure to the foodservice, grocery or convenience store industry
- Ability to call on consultants’ offices / get specified.
- Follow-up on projects/leads.
- Self-governing / Self-motivator / Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator (not a chatterbox)
- Project management skills
- Teamwork with colleagues
- Reporting skills
- Computer literate
- Experience in managing specifications activities is an asset.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in outside sales with a proven track record of success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience within the Foodservice or Grocery industry with good knowledge in the manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of walk in cooler and freezer products is an asset.
- Results-oriented, excellent negotiation skills
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, customer driven and professional.
- Structured and motivated
- Proven client-service skills
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, CRM, etc.
- Strong presentation skills and competency in front of various audiences is a must.
- This role requires consistent travel within the territory and overnight stays up to 8 nights per month average.
- The success of this position will rely on self-driven initiative, navigating ambiguity, and an independent personality.
- Candidates must embody customer centric communication in person, virtual and verbal.
- Tracking projects status will be key to this role.
Norbec is a North American leader in manufacturing both prefabricated walk-in coolers and doors as well as architectural insulated metal panels for building envelopes. Norbec prides itself on being a trusted partner in any type of project for a vast selection of markets, including supermarkets, food service, building envelopes, food processing plants, grocery stores, clean rooms and many more. Founded in 1982, Norbec has earned a solid reputation as a leader and continuously innovates to bring its customers the best products and service.
For more information about our products, projects and teams, visit norbec.com.