Shipping and Receiving Technician
Join the Norbec team as we begin our manufacturing journey in Ontario. We are excited to offer a ground floor opportunity to be a production team member in something new and ambitious: our 150,000ft2 facility currently under construction in Strathroy, positioned very strategically for our company’s growth.
Why Norbec? We are a Canadian-owned company that is a North American market leader which specializes in manufacturing prefabricated walk-in coolers & freezers, doors, and architectural insulated metal panels. Our products are revolutionizing construction, offering cost-effective and time-saving alternatives to traditional methods while improving energy efficiency and structural integrity.
Location Benefits: For those commuting from London, you’ll often find our facility quicker to reach than navigating the city!
Our Vision: Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada. Our unwavering commitment to sustainability, quality, and innovation is at our core.
Whether it’s our colleagues, associates, suppliers, or our invaluable employees, it’s not just about maintaining and improving machinery and our processes; it’s about upholding the promise of quality and innovation that defines us. With your dedication and expertise, we aim to redefine industry standards, offer innovative solutions to our customers, and solidify our position as trusted partners in this growing market.
Ready to be part of our dynamic production team? Apply now and pave the way for a sustainable future with Norbec!
Under the Shift Supervisor, the Shipping/Receiving Technician will be responsible for receiving and shipping goods, using a forklift and other equipment necessary for loading. He/she will ensure compliance with operating procedures, as well as the achievement of production and quality standards. He/she will participate in continuous improvement projects and health and safety in operations.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of shipping processes (purchase order, receipt note, etc.);
- Load and unload goods and raw materials (finished products, steel, chemicals, rock wool, protective films, consumables, wood, etc.) using appropriate safe techniques;
- Pack shipments effectively, ensuring compliance and protection of the finished product;
- Confirm parts lists in accordance with documents according to order preparation;
- Maximize transportation, respect loading plans as well as take photos for the client file;
- Maintain inventories in ERP software—perform cycle counts, inventory adjustments, etc;
- Collaborate with Production, Purchasing, Maintenance, Truckers/Carriers, etc;
- Complete panel modifications as required with the operations team;
- Manage finished product inventory while respecting curing times;
- Maintain smooth operation of the forklift, warehouse, yard, etc;
- Maintain a clean work environment;
- Participate in and facilitate the exchange of information between shifts;
- Participate in special projects, tasks related to continuous improvement, 5S;
- Perform other duties as required to support operations.
Required Training and Experience
- 1 to 2 years of experience in the field of shipping/receiving;
- Standard forklift driving (Bi-directional forklift experience an asset).
Key skills required
- Skilled in using a tape measure and common hand tools;
- Skilled in the use of computer equipment at workstations;
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot manufacturing processes;
- Communication and customer service skills;
- Be calm, resourceful and autonomous;
- Capable of lifting loads up to 50lbs;
- Have a strong sense of responsibility.
Schedule: Day shift to start, with possibility of change when production begins. Flexibility is essential. Depending on the schedule, shift premiums apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Work Location: Strathroy, Ontario