Manager – Management Accounting
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Team Leader – Management Accounting will provide management accounting oversight at Norbec. The team will include a Management Accounting Analyst and an Accounting Technician. The Team Leader and his team will support both Norbec plants. (Boucherville and Saint-Hyacinthe).
As part of the position, the Management Accounting Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of financial reporting on sales and inventory costs, planning and coordinating master plan projects, collaborating on the implementation of ERP in production, developing the management accounting team (tools, coaching, improvement)
He/she is expected to work closely with the plant managers and sales to support these departments in their operations.
- Performs cost of goods sold for Norbec manufactured and resale products;
- Analyze results, explain variances with budget and with previous periods, make recommendations related to these analyses;
- Support and review the reporting work of the management accounting team
- Present the results of the profitability analysis to the financial controller and to management
- Make and implement recommendations related to the financial results
- Identify and implement internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial and operational data.
- Ensure the evolution and improvement of reporting tools to reduce reporting time in the management accounting area.
- Ensure the evolution and improvement of reporting tools to provide management with financial information related to the profitability of manufactured and resold products in real time.
- Produce and monitor operations KPIs with plant managers
- Involvement in the implementation of ERP in production in both plants
- Involvement in the review of operational and financial processes as part of the ERP implementation
- Participate in the implementation of new processes with operations
- Ensure the evolution of the reporting tools in transition to the ERP implementation in production
Costing and pricing analysis:
- Participate in the costing analysis of special projects (new product, existing customer agreement, etc.)
- Participation in project groups (ex: R&D, continuous improvement, acquisitions)
- Presentation and popularization of analyses to management
- Ensure the updating of sales price versions and collaborate in the maintenance and evolution of the sales price configurator.
- Organize and supervise year-end and weekly physical counts
- Analyze inventory discrepancies, coordinate actions to ensure the accuracy of raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories.
- Collaborate in the implementation of standardized processes for the consumption and receipt of inventories.
- Ensure the accuracy of month-end inventory valuation (quantity + price);
- Ensure maintenance and evolution of processes and internal control related to inventories.
- Mobilize and coach the management accounting team.
- Plan and coordinate assigned master plan projects
- Ensure the participation of the management accounting group in the daily operations meeting (every day 8:30 am)
- Ensure the participation of the management accounting group in the finance daily meetings (every day at 9:00 am)
Other duties :
- Preparation of external audit files;
- Participation in the preparation of the annual budget;
Key skills :
- Ability to manage priorities and to be adaptable;
- Big picture and analytical thinking
- Practical solutions oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Mastery of the Office suite and more particularly advanced Excel;
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Knowledge of SQL (asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI (asset)
- Knowledge of Epicor ERP (asset)
- Ability to work in a team;
- Ability to communicate, influence and listen
Professional profile :
- Recognized accounting designation (CPA or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in management accounting, in a manufacturing environment, in a similar position.
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
- Flexible hours and telecommuting based on your needs and your team’s mandates.
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Social activities organized throughout the year for employees such as family days, Christmas party, summer BBQ, sports activities and holiday themed events;
- Weeks of paid vacation plus extra time off during the holiday season;
- Offices located on the South Shore of Montreal, easily accessible to all with free parking and public transportation nearby;
- The chance to be close to a lively area with many boutiques and trendy restaurants, perfect for an innovative dinner or a friendly 5@7;
- Access to annual training programs;
- The possibility to enrich your career by joining a team of experts where participative management is prioritized;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable and in-demand products by contributing to the development of a fast growing brand that is involved in the community;