Team Leader – Operational Accounting
Norbec is a Quebec-based company and a North American leader in the manufacture of prefabricated cold rooms and architectural panels for the building envelope. For more than 35 years, we have been the preferred supplier of renowned partners. Thanks to our innovative strength and the close collaboration between more than 250 dedicated employees, we succeed in maintaining our position as industry leader in Quebec and Canada.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Team Leader – Operational Accounting will provide supervision to the Payables, Receivables and Billing staff at Norbec. The multi-functional team currently consists of 7 employees and provides accounting operations for all Norbec sites.
In this role, the Operational Accounting Team Leader will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our customer and supplier experience and adherence to receivables and payables targets.
Responsibilities of the position:
- Provide day-to-day support to the Payables, Receivables and Billing teams to ensure they are fulfilling their mission;
- Monitor KPI’s and ensure that targets are met;
- Take part in communications with customers and suppliers to ensure excellent service and maintain relationships over time;
- Ensure timely payment of suppliers;
- Ensure the collection of customer accounts according to their payment terms;
- Ensure the accuracy of our clients’ invoicing;
- Ensure the timely denunciation of projects and the mitigation of financial risks;
- Participate in the review of customer credit limits as required;
- Act as an ERP champion to support employees in their daily tasks.
Payables and receivables analysis :
- Produce financial reports as required by the business as it relates to the areas supervised;
- Prepare analyses, explain variances with the budget and with previous periods, make recommendations related to these analyses;
- Present the results of the analyses to the financial controller and to management;
- Issue and implement recommendations resulting from the analyses.
Process improvement and projects
- Participate in the implementation of accounting process improvements in the operational and financial accounting group;
- Involvement in the review of operational and financial processes as part of the ERP implementation;
- Participate in the implementation of new processes;
- Identify and implement internal controls to ensure the accuracy of financial data;
- Ensure the evolution and improvement of reporting tools to reduce reporting time and the quality of information communicated
- internally and externally.
Reporting and Budgeting
- Participation and coordination of monthly reporting for the payable and receivable portion;
- Participation in the various annual and other budget exercises
- Ensure compliance of Canadian and American indirect taxes in accounting operations;
- Ensure the compliance of our accounting operations according to the applicable regulations in the sector of Norbec’s activities.
- Mobilize, coach and grow the operational accounting team;
- Ensure the productivity of the operational accounting team and the achievement of results for this group;
- Plan and coordinate assigned blueprint projects.
Key Competencies :
- Ability to manage priorities and be highly adaptable ;
- Ability to optimize existing processes;
- Practical solutions oriented;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Experience working with an ERP system;
- Mastery of the Office suite and more specifically Excel;
- Knowledge of SQL (asset);
- Knowledge of Power BI (asset);
- Knowledge of ERP Epicor (asset)
Personal profile :
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to synthesize information
- Results oriented
- Emotional intelligence
Professional profile :
- Recognized accounting designation CPA or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position
WHAT THE COMPANY OFFERS
- A flexible schedule and telecommuting based on your needs and the mandates of your team.
- An advantageous group insurance program, including vision care, dental care after 12 months and more;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- Social activities organized throughout the year for employees such as family days, Christmas party, summer BBQ, sports activities and holiday themed events;
- Weeks of paid vacation plus extra time off during the holiday season;
- Offices located on the South Shore of Montreal, easily accessible to all with free parking and public transportation nearby;
- The chance to be close to a lively area with many boutiques and trendy restaurants, perfect for an innovative dinner or a friendly 5@7;
- Access to annual training programs;
- The possibility to enrich your career by joining a team of experts where participative management is a priority;
- The opportunity to participate in the success of sustainable and in-demand products by contributing to the development of a fast growing brand that is involved in the community;