Technicien- Management Accounting
Reporting to the Team Leader – Management Accounting, the Management Accounting Technician will play a support role in the establishment of sales, cost of sales and inventory. The Management Accounting Technician will be responsible for implementing analyses, coordinating corrective actions and ensuring compliance with internal financial controls related to sales, cost of sales and inventory.
As part of the position, the technician will participate in master plan projects and collaborate in the implementation of the ERP in production.
He/she is expected to work closely with operations (factory, logistics) and sales (inside sales and customer service).
- Preparation and recording of journal entries
- Analysis and follow-up of accounting accounts
- Valuation of finished products
- Coordinate corrections to financial results (e.g. sales reconciliation)
- Analysis of exception reports and coordination of corrective measures
- Setting up financial and operational reports
- Participate in the evolution and improvement of reporting tools to reduce reporting time in the management accounting area.
- Participate in the evolution and improvement of reporting tools to provide management with financial information related to the profitability of manufactured and resold products in real time.
- Involvement in the implementation of ERP in production in both plants
- Contribute to the evolution of the reporting tools in transition to an ERP in production
Costing and selling price analysis:
- Participate in the costing analysis of special projects (new product, existing customer agreement, etc.)
- Participation in project groups (ex: R&D, continuous improvement, acquisitions)
- Participate in year-end and weekly physical inventory counts
- Analyze inventory discrepancies, coordinate actions to ensure the accuracy of raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories.
- Collaborate in the implementation of standardized processes for the consumption and receipt of inventories.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory valuation (qty and price).
- Participation in the operations daily meeting (every day 8:30am).
- Participation in the daily meeting of the finance department (every day at 9:00 am)
- Participation in monthly operational reviews
Other tasks :
- Preparation of external audit files;
- Participation in the preparation of the annual budget;
Key skills :
- Ability to coordinate actions with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to format reports
- Ability to analyze financial data
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the Office suite, particularly advanced Excel;
- Knowledge of SQL (asset)
- Knowledge of Power BI (asset)
- Knowledge of Epicor ERP (asset)
Personal profile :
- Work organization
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good work organization
Professional profile :
- DEC in accounting
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position.