Last modified: 09-11-2020
Norbec and our affiliates and subsidiaries (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by adhering to this policy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and Website users (“you”), describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the https: //norbec.com/ Website (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy, except as otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used alone or in combination with other information to identify, contact or locate a single individual. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title or business contact information.
This policy applies to information we collect, use or disclose about our customers and users of the Website:
- On this Website.
- In emails, text messages and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertisements and applications on third party websites and services if those applications or advertisements include links to this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and use several types of information about you, including
- Personal information that we may reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, username or similar identifier, and any other identifiers we may use to contact you online or offline (“Personal Information”).
- We offer any user the ability to opt out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by accessing our Website, using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Non-personal information, which does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or relate directly to an identified individual, such as demographic information or statistical or aggregate information. Statistical or aggregate data does not directly identify a specific individual, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregate data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific feature of the Website.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including complete Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to leave the page, or any telephone numbers used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use a variety of methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, such as by filling out forms or corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
- User Contributions. You may also provide us with information that we may publish or post on public areas of the Website or transmit to other users of the Website or to third parties.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions as You Navigate Our Website. Automatically collected information may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, such as our business partners.
Information you provide to us
Information we collect directly from you on or through our Website may include:
- Information you provide by filling out forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting additional services. We may also request information from you when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys we may ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs and other communication data and the resources you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may store it or combine it with personal information we collect by other means, that you provide to us or that you receive from third parties. This helps us improve our Website and provide better and more personalized service, including by allowing us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to tailor our Website to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and your navigation to, from and through our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For more information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choosing How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Our Website pages and emails may contain small electronic files called Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, web beacons, and single-pixel gifs) that allow the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those sites. We use these cookies to track the number of pages visited or emails opened and for other related Web Site statistics (for example, to record the popularity of certain Web Site content and to verify system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its content to you.
- To provide you with the information, products or services you request from us.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information or which was described at the time of collection, or any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- To provide you with notices regarding your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To fulfill our obligations and enforce our rights under any contract with you, including for billing and collection purposes or to comply with legal requirements.
- To inform you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve our Website, our products or services, our marketing, or our customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive, social media or similar features on our Website.
- In any other manner we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own products and services that may be of interest to you, as required by law. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregate information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without limitation.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a purchaser or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or a portion of the assets of Norbec Group Inc. whether in the ordinary course of business or in connection with a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Norbec Group Inc. about our customers and users is one of the transferred assets.
- To subcontractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers who help us improve and optimize the Website) and who are contractually bound to keep personal information confidential, to use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to treat personal information according to the same standards as set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose we disclose when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any governmental or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Norbec Group Inc. or our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer the personal information we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to subcontractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize the Website) and who are contractually obligated to keep the personal information confidential, to use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it, and to treat the personal information in accordance with the same standards set forth in this policy.
We may process, store and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to access your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that their privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Website, you consent to such transfer, storage or processing.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some of the browser’s cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. To learn how to manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash Player settings page on the Adobe website. If you disable or reject cookies, please note that some parts of this Website may not be accessible or function properly. For more information on tracking technologies, see Information We Collect via Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- Company Promotional Offers. If you have opted-in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third party products or services, you may opt-out by checking the appropriate box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the appropriate boxes or by emailing us with your request at email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking on the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company in connection with a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transaction.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use the information we collect or that you provide to us to serve advertisements based on our advertisers’ target audience preferences, you may opt out by checking the appropriate box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the appropriate boxes or by sending us an email indicating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not control the collection or use of your information by third parties to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to opt out of having your information collected or used in this manner. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioral advertising and how to prevent websites from placing cookies on your device. Turning off a network does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising. It means that the network you opt out of will no longer serve ads that are tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic and managerial measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We store all information you provide behind firewalls on our secure servers.
The safety and security of your information is also up to you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful not to disclose information in public areas of the Website, such as bulletin boards, which are available to any visitor to the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumventing any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Unless otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purpose of satisfying legal, accounting or reporting requirements. In certain circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use this anonymized and de-identified data for legitimate business purposes without further notice or your consent.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you.
If you wish to review, verify, correct or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information, you may also email us at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information and we cannot accept a request to change information if we believe that the change would violate a law or legal requirement or would result in incorrect information.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and right of access, and to provide you with the personal information we hold about you or to make the requested changes. Applicable law may permit or require us to deny you access to some or all of the personal information we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased or anonymized your personal information in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to the exceptions set forth in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions may include:
- Information protected by attorney-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information about another person that would reveal their personal information or confidential business information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
If you are concerned about our response or wish to correct the information provided, you may contact us at 1877-667-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
Subject to User’s compliance with the Terms and Conditions, Norbec grants User a limited, non-exclusive right to use the Site, and any content and materials made available in connection with the use of the Services, solely for such non-commercial, informational and other purposes (and subject to such additional limitations) as may be provided in these Terms and Conditions or any instructions for use Norbec may provide from time to time.
Norbec does not accept financial transactions from minors and we do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any information on this website.
User represents and acknowledges that he or she has read the Terms and agrees to abide by these Terms, and that the information User provides to the Company is accurate, complete, and within User’s right to use. A user’s continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be considered acceptance of the changes.
WITHDRAWAL OF YOUR CONSENT
Where you have given your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent in certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at 1877-667-2321 or email@example.com. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact at that time to assist you in your decision.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND COMPLIANCE CHALLENGE
97 de Vaudreuil, Boucherville, QC. J4B 1K7
And/or via our toll free number:
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries regarding our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy and applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy, please contact us at 1877-667-2321 or firstname.lastname@example.org using the contact information above.