Join the Norbec team as we begin our manufacturing journey in Ontario. We are excited to offer a ground floor opportunity to be a maintenance team member in something new and ambitious: our 150,000ft2 facility currently under construction in Strathroy, positioned very strategically for our company’s growth.
Why Norbec? We are a Canadian-owned company that is a North American market leader which specializes in manufacturing prefabricated walk-in coolers & freezers, doors, and architectural insulated metal panels. Our products are revolutionizing construction, offering cost-effective and time-saving alternatives to traditional methods while improving energy efficiency and structural integrity.
Location Benefits: For those commuting from London, you’ll often find our facility quicker to reach than navigating the city!
Our Vision: Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada. Our unwavering commitment to sustainability, quality, and innovation is at our core.
Whether it’s our colleagues, associates, suppliers, or our invaluable employees, it’s not just about maintaining and improving machinery and our processes; it’s about upholding the promise of quality and innovation that defines us. With your dedication and expertise, we aim to redefine industry standards, offer innovative solutions to our customers, and solidify our position as trusted partners in this growing market.
Ready to be part of our dynamic production team? Apply now and pave the way for a sustainable future with Norbec!
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Operator’s role will be to learn how the automated production line works and to familiarize himself/herself with the tasks of the various sectors. The Operator will also support the new production line installation team.
- Follow all safe practices, operational standards, and work in accordance with our company values;
- Perform various tasks related to the installation and start-up of the production line;
- Participate in various production start-up tests;
- Perform basic preventive maintenance and machine adjustments;
- Learn and maintain skills in various production line areas (steel, injection, cutting, cooling, packaging);
- Participate in the integration and training of new employees (when required);
- Resolve operational problems and production challenges, in collaboration with team members;
- Maintain and validate required production documents;
- Perform sporadic tasks as required by operational needs.
Required training and experience
- Forklift driving experience (bi-directional lift experience an asset);
- Overhead crane experience an asset;
- 5+ years with an automated production line.
Key skills required
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions precisely;
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively;
- Attention to detail and respect for quality standards;
- Leadership, autonomy and good work ethic;
- Ability to adapt to change and open-mindedness;
- Ability to make the right decisions quickly;
- Able to use a measuring tape and a spectrophotometer;
- Ability to use workstation computer equipment (HMI);
- Ability to understand how machines work (logic, mechanics).
Schedule: Day shift to start, with possibility of change when production begins. Flexibility is essential. Depending on the schedule, shift premiums apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$28.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2024-01-08