The people of the Norbec team have always been at the center of our organizational priorities.
Trust and respect as well as communication, innovation, continuous improvement and safe work environments are important values upheld by Norbec’s management team.
With 35 years of experience, Norbec is the number one reference thanks to their high quality products and customer service. At Norbec, every employee contributes to its success and are proud of it.
- If you believe performance and safety go hand in hand
- If you want to grow as part of an innovative company
- You’d like to join a committed team
Engineer Technical Support
Reporting directly to the Research and Developpement Director, the technical support engineer will act as a key player in supporting the internal sales team, concept and production for client projects in need of different types of interventions or elaborations of custom design for both divisions.
Joining the Norbec team will enable you to evolve in a company where innovation, continuous improvement, initiative and teamwork are at the heart of our success.
Must have :
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction area
- Experience in sales (asset)
- Member of the OIQ
- Bilingual French and English, written as well as spoken
- Knowledge of the National Building Code (essential)
- Knowledge of the American Building Code (asset)
- Capable of performing various engineering calculations (structural, electrical,etc.)
- Be able to read estimates and plans
As a draftsman you’ll be producing approval drawings from sales offers, confirming orders and other sources of information. You’ll be responsible for producing assembly drawings from production drawings.
You’ll be representing the image and the culture of the company when interacting with clients and installers and will assure that deadlines are met and quality drawings are produced. You’ll be working alongside the production and estimation team.
Must have a career diploma in building or technical drawing or equivalent. Experience in the manufacturing sector (asset), master AutoCAD (important), knowledge of a 3D modeling program (Asset). Experience in the construction sector (asset) and bilingual (written especially)
Fitters, Assemblers, Packers (Boucherville Factory)
Norbec is currently looking for Fitters, Assemblers and Packers for day, evening and night shifts.
At first, you’ll be responsible for tasks related to drilling as well as cleaning the panels or be in charge of packaging the goods to be sent to clients. Rapid growth in the company is possible, leading to opportunities in :
- Fitters/Assembler or at the panel injection station
- Door and Frame Assembler
- Door and Frame Hardware Assembler
In all the tasks related to the different positions, you’ll be asked to
- organise adequately all the steps under your responsibitlity
- Apply production plans, work procedures and maintain quality control
- Participate in the company’s continuous improvement movements
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
Qualifications and Skilled required
- Have a High School Diploma (equivalent accepted) or a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
- Comfortable with reading plans
- Experience with tools and precise with measures (measuring tape)
- Good physical condition, autonomy, flexible and team player
What Norbec offers in return
- Permanent position within a growing company with over 35 years of experience
- Base salary starting at 14.45$-14.95$ depending on the position given and experience (evening shift between 14.45$ to 15.95$, night shift between 16.45$ to 16.95$) with the possibility of growth
- Stable working schedule (without rotation)
- Beneficial vacations, holidays and group insurance (life, salary, medical, dental, glasses) as well as an RRSP plan
- Work clothes as well as an assistance program for employees and their families as well as social and family activities
- Public transport available close by
Do you aspire to work for a company where not only employees are proud of the work they accomplish and the possibility of growth, but were they can put forth their skills and competencies? We have the career opportunity for you!
Other positions available at the Boucherville factory
Opportunities in handling (steel and expedition) as well as in role requiring specific trainings or qualifications : steel department (production line, folding and drilling machine), CNC operator, refrigeration assembler and electromechanical.
Production Release Clerk
In this position,part of the estimation and customer service departement, you will recieve and treat client’s requests. You are inital point of contact with the client. You will assure the progression of the project from the conception to the production implementation. Before beginning production, all data will have to be validaded according to specs and approuved plans.
Must have either a DEC or career diploma (administrative assistant or other), experience of one (1) year or more in a similar position. Be able to read plans and submissions, bilingual (a must), basic knowledge of the construction field (asset)
In this position you will be responsible for preparing and presenting submission specific to each clients needs. You will assure the progression of the project from the reception of the client’s demand until it’s expedition to the site. During the process, you be will be the main point of contact with the client.
Must have either a DEC or career diploma (estimation, project management or other), experience of one (1) to three (3) years in a similar position. Be able to read plans and submissions, bilingual (a must), basic knowledge of AutoCAD and of the construction field (assets)
In this position you will be responsible for preparing and presenting submission specific to each clients needs. As a senior estimator you’ll be responsible for projects with a higher degree of complexity meaning advanced experience will be needed. You will assure the progression of the project from the reception of the client’s demand until it’s expedition to the site. During the process, you be will be the main point of contact with the client.
Must have either a DEC or career diploma (estimation, project management or other), experience of minimum five (5) years in a similar position. Be able to read plans, submissions, bilingual (a must), basic knowledge of AutoCAD and of the construction field (assets)