The people of the Norbec team have always been at the center of our organizational priorities.
Trust and respect as well as communication, innovation, continuous improvement and safe work environments are important values upheld by Norbec’s management team.
With 35 years of experience, Norbec is the number one reference thanks to their high quality products and customer service. At Norbec, every employee contributes to its success and are proud of it.
- If you believe performance and safety go hand in hand
- If you want to grow as part of an innovative company
- You’d like to join a committed team
Technical Sales Manager, Architectural facades
**This job is based in Toronto Greater Area, Ontario**
This role requires consistent driving within the territory and occasional overnight travel to ensure long sales cycles are converted into sales.
Summary of job responsibilities:
Collaboration, engagement and customer experience are the keys to Norbec’s unparalleled success and reputation. These values are applied each and every day by competent, motivated people that have enabled Norbec to become a leading manufacturer of Insulated Metal Panels (IMPs) for Architectural & Building Envelope solutions in Canada.
Reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, Controlled Environments & Architectural Facades, Ontario / Western Canada, the Technical Sales Manager, Architectural Facades will be responsible for converting IMP-specified projects into revenue for Norbec by working with installers, general contractors and building owners. He/She will work collaboratively with the Norbec specification, marketing and technical teams while developing business relationships with small, medium and large insulated metal panel installers and general contractors in Ontario.
- Develop and maintain meaningful customer relationships that will generate revenue for the business;
- Promote Norbec’s architectural and building envelope solutions;
- Participate in joint visits to architect firms to promote Norbec & have our products specified. Must have previous background calling on architects. The product previously sold must have a certain level of complexity;
- Promote Norbec’s product offering to secure our position within building plans as a named specification with architects, engineers, designers and specifiers;
- Recognize and convert specification opportunities into sales potential for our insulated metal panels (IMPs);
- Address specifiers, architects, designers and end users needs to generate business and become their go to resource where IMPs are a solution;
- Reach sales objectives and maximize profitability;
- Project management / coordination with inside sales & plant personnel;
- Resolve issues
- Report activities to Sales management via a reporting tool;
- Collaborate with our Regional Sales Manager, Controlled Environments & Architectural Facades, Ontario / Western Canada to increase Norbec’s panel market penetration with existing and new customers;
- Ensure constant product visibility with clients & users via showrooms or other programs;
- Track and report showrooms and sample rooms in their Territory & increase Norbec’s presence
- Participate in the development of sales plans and programs to enter and secure new markets;
- Educate end users, architects and designers with ‘Lunch & Learn’ activities;
- Identify and support key contractors involved with major specified projects;
- Prior sales experience is a must as this role is to convert specification opportunities into revenue;
- Must understand the relationship between Owner/Promoter/Architect-Designer-Engineering Firm/General Contractor/Sub-trade Installer;
- Undertake the necessary actions to achieve growth in his/her territory.
- 5-7 yrs. experience with a manufacturer in building products related to building envelope. Insulation / vapor or water barrier /Steel;
- Business or College Degree in Building Envelope Science or equivalent;
- Exposure to construction industry;
- Ability to call on architect offices / to can get specified;
- Follow-up on projects. Lead to sales closure;
- Self-governing / Self-motivator / Positive attitude;
- Excellent communicator (not a chatterbox);
- Project management skills;
- Team work with colleagues;
- Reporting skills;
- Computer literate;
- Experience in managing architectural specifications activities is an asset;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in outside sales with a proven track record of success;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Prior experience in building envelope materials as well as experience and good knowledge in the manufacturing industry. Familiar with architectural design specifications, construction design elements;
- Knowledge of Insulated Metal Panel products preferred;
- Knowledge and/or experience within the metal cladding and construction industry is an asset;
- Results-oriented, excellent negotiation skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, customer driven and professional;
- Structured and motivated;
- Proven client-service skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, web-based applications, CRM, etc.;
- Strong presentation skills and competency in front of various audiences is a must;
- This role requires consistent travel within the territory and overnight of up to 4 nights per month average;
- The success of this position will rely on self-driven initiative, navigating ambiguity, and an independent personality;
- Candidates must embody customer centric communication in person, virtual and verbal;
- Tracking projects status will be key to this role.
Are you looking for a temporary contract and have an established background as a financial analyst? Are you a fast learner that can easily adapt to new situations? Budget tracking holds no secrets for you and you master Microsoft Excel? Norbec is specifically looking for someone just like you!
- Participate in the monthly reporting process ;
- Analyze finances and budget tracking ;
- Analyze the capitalization and investments tracking ;
- Participate in the ERP Capex module integration ;
- Participate in the integration of financial statements in the ERP (Epicor Financial Planner module) ;
- Participate in the budget reviews.
- Facility in adapting to new concepts and processes ;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel ;
- Strong abilities in idenfying and resolving problems ;
- Previous experience in establishing variance and budget (pertaining to profits and losses) analysisassessments ;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to offer help when needed when facing tight deadlines.
- CPA title, or in the process of obtaining the title;
- Minimum of 1 year experience related to the position
For more information about the position, please refer to the Jobilico Page.
Operators, in-line production (St-Hyacinthe)
Please click this link to see the full job description.
Positions as Fitter-Assembler, Injection Operator and in Finishing (Boucherville)
You are autonomous and know how to manage priorities? For you, quality is a priority and you like working physically? You are also well-known to be a good team player?
Norbec is looking for someone like you at our plant located in Boucherville!
We presently have different open positions into the Injection department on different work schedule. All these positions are permanent, with a full time schedule.
- Experience in manufacturing industry is an asset ;
- To be comfortable with imperial measurements is also a strong asset for this position.
Other advantages related to the position
- Shift Premium if applicable (1$/hour for evening shift et 2$/heure for night shift) ;
- Safety Glasses, safety shoes and work clothes are provided by us.
Please see full job descriptions on Jobillico:
General Labour in Finishing (1 day shift position, 3 evening shift positions, 1 night shift position)
Fitter-Assembler (1 evening shift position)
Injection Operator (1 day shift position, 1 evening shift position)
Join us now !
In this position you will be responsible for preparing and presenting submission specific to each clients needs. You will assure the progression of the project from the reception of the client’s demand until it’s expedition to the site. During the process, you be will be the main point of contact with the client.
Must have either a DEC or career diploma (estimation, project management or other), experience of one (1) to three (3) years in a similar position. Be able to read plans and submissions, bilingual (a must), basic knowledge of AutoCAD and of the construction field (assets)