In some environments, especially kitchens, the presence of moisture caused by dishwashers can lead to a risk of mold.
Factors that may influence condensation
- Insufficient space ventilation around the cold room (natural or mechanical)
- Lack of vapour barrier in the adjacent walls
- Humidity levels, air flow, heating where the cold room is installed
- Lack of floor leveling shims or concrete slabs under the panels
- Adjacent wall structure (insulation factors)
- Thickness of the modular panels (3 in (75mm), 4 in. (100mm)
To prevent this unfortunate situation, Norbec developed a solution to reduce the risk of mold accumulation around
the cold rooms.
The NovaFlo technology is a ventilation system installed above the cold room which allows a constant airflow around the room. The use of forced air guarantees sufficient temperature in the concealed space at all times
preventing condensation buildup.