PP-340, The NEW Hinged Door Frame
Replacement of the PP-330 Frame by the New PP-340 Model.
Quality, Sturdiness and Durability – at the Heart of our Product Development
Norbec has always used quality components. Several years of research and collaboration with our various partners have allowed our design team to develop sturdy and durable door frames.
Each frame is custom-made according to your needs in our plant by expert in order to guarantee both impact resistance and superior insulation properties.
More than ever, our products must maintain these attributes while offering improved energy performance.
NRCan – New Regulation Compliance
Fallowing Amendment 14 issued by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), Walk-in coolers and freezers (WICF) are included on the list of products required to be registered in the energy consumption requirements database. Norbec is committed to complying with all regulatory requirements in a timely manner and promote energy efficiency as part of its corporate mission.
We are proud to be among the first manufacturers in Canada to take these requirements into account and to have developed an improved door frame solution that meets these standards. Visit the NRCan website for more information.
The new PP-340 door frame design has resulted in a significant reduction in the power required by the heating wire to prevent condensation, freezing and blocking of the door.
Guaranteed Energy Savings with the PP-340 Model
We estimate that the power has been reduced by an average of 5W/ft of wire resulting in annual savings of over $80*.
PVC – For Significant Energy Savings
Manufactured with an exterior grade PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), commonly used in the window and door industry, door frames are now better adapted to reduce your energy consumption while maintaining the insulating and mechanical properties of the door.
Proven to be 1000 Times Less Conductive than Aluminum
The PVC used for the PP-340 door frame is a growing quality material. It has been proven to be one of the most energy-efficient on the market.
PVC, a material with many benefits:
- Proven 1000 times less conductive than aluminum;
- 100% recyclable, its use reduces the carbon footprint compared to aluminum;
- Unaffected by climatic variations unlike other materials;
- Resistant to weather conditions such as frost and heat;
- Resistant to wear and tear, flames and most aggressive agents.
PP-340 door frame, a unique Norbec technology:
- Improved energy efficiency due to reduced heat transfer;
- Robust and durable, ideal for intensive use;
- Easy-to-maintain heating wire combined with a thermostat to regulate the frame temperature;
- No more thermal breakage required! The PVC takes care of limiting the temperature transfer itself, thus reducing the risk of condensation;
- Available in 4 and 5 inches thicknesses.
I want to learn more!
*Study based on a PP-340 freezer door with 36” x 78” opening and an average electricity price of $0.10/kWh. Learn more here: https://www.hydroquebec.com/business/customer-space/rates/comparison-electricity-prices.html.