COVID-19 : Temporary COVID-19 Related Interruption of our Production Activities
Dear Valued Customers,
The situation we are living today is a bit surreal. No one would have expected us to go through a pandemic on a worldwide scale. Life as we knew it just a few weeks ago seems to have been turned upside down.
Unfortunately, at Norbec we have no control over this virus, the government decisions, the borders and many other aspects of this crisis.
During yesterday’s daily COVID-19 press conference update, Quebec’s provincial Prime Minister, Mr. François Legault informed us that in order to limit the spread of this contagion all businesses and shops in Quebec must shut down until April 13th, except for “essential services”. All non-essential establishments must close no later than 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24th. This measure therefore includes the temporary halt of Norbec’s operations for force majeure.
We will progressively scale down both our manufacturing plants, effective Tuesday, March 24th, 2020.
Regardless of this temporary shutdown, we will continue offering support to our customers & business partners such as architects, consultants and engineering firms. The following are some Important actions that will take place over the coming weeks:
- Production will temporarily halt as of late day on March 24th. Please contact your representative to have the latest status on current orders.
- Last possible shipments must take place before 3pm on March 24th.
- Our estimating, drafting and customer service teams will maintain some level of activity.
- Sales and technical representation will be reduced but available to answer questions.
- We plan to restart our operations on April 13th, 2020. Until then, Norbec will continue monitoring government guidelines and implement further actions if necessary.
We are aware that this is causing a shock wave for all our business partners and customers. However, we endorse the legitimacy of these measures and it is our duty to comply with government requests in order to curb this unprecedented pandemic. Our priority is the Safety of our employees and customers. It is important to reassure our customers and partners that Norbec has a solid financial footing to weather the storm.
Please visit our website at https://norbec.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information.
We thank you for your support in these difficult times and please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
Jan Lembregts, President, CEO Norbec
Jason Giuliani, Vice President of Sales, Norbec